Green Heron Farm
Please visit Green Heron Farm's website.
Green Heron Farm has been family owned and operated since 1984 by Tony Ricci and Becky Smith. We were co-founders of the original Huntingdon Farmers' Market that was located located on Washington Street in 1985. (This market later moved to 5th and Mifflin Sts.) For many years we also marketed in Washington DC, where we participated in farmers markets and had vegetable subscription service. We returned to the Huntingdon Farmers' Market in 2008, which has proven to be one of the most successful markets of our career.
We produce a wide variety of vegetables, herbs and berries on 11 acres in southern Huntingdon County. Organic production has always been a central part of our growing strategy and we are currently certified by Pennsylvania Certified Organic.
When you come visit us at the market, you will find, not only fresh in-season vegetables, but also eggs, goat cheese and tree fruit. We have always strived to offer our customers the best quality local produce available in our area.
We specialize in the following produce:
- Kale, Collards, Chard, Lettuce
- Kohlrabi, Cabbage
- Potatoes, Onions, Beets, Turnips
- Sweet Peppers, Hot Peppers, Heirloom Tomatoes, San Marzano Paste Tomatoes
- Italian and Asian Eggplant
- parsley, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, French Tarragon, Dill, Cilantro, Chives, and other herbs.
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries